App Terms and Conditions of Use (‘App Terms’)
An app is a type of software for a mobile device and is primarily functionality driven. It runs on the device itself and is downloaded and installed, typically from an app marketplace such as the Apple App Store or Android’s Google Play Store.
App Terms sets out the rights and obligations of the users of your App. Users can indicate their acceptance of your terms by:
- Indicating their acceptance by clicking “I agree” or “I Accept”, or
App Terms should address:
- How users can register on your App
- The rights and obligations of people using your App
- The expected usage of the App
- The obligations of users to provide correct information (for example, not provide a fake age or fake contact details)
- The obligations of users in relation to passwords
- Use of the App and what mobile devices it is available to (e.g. Apple iOS or Android OS)
- The provider’s rates and fees
- Payment details for purchases made through the App
- How the App can be used
- How Push Notifications are treated
- Circumstances for cancellation or suspension of use of the App
- Intellectual Property
- Warranties (if any) and limitation of liability
- Governing law and other general terms including whether or not the App can be used in other countries.
Please call us on 1300 776 614 for a chat about your legal requirements.
Disclaimer. The material in this post represents general information only and should not be taken to be legal advice.